- An MASSIVE improvement over the first film. They got rid of all the dumb laughs, crappy special effects, silly over the top weapons, and stupid relationship back stories.
- Strong special effects by ILM.
- The Rock steals the show. Classical actor Jonathan Pryce clearly had a lot of fun playing the president.
- Decent relationship between Duke (Tatum) and Roadblock (Johnson).
- Cobra Commander resembles the cartoon. Cobra in general is akin to the cartoon (i.e. massive ideology and threat to the world). Firefly stood out as a serious threat and looked the part.
- Ninjas EVERYWHERE! Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes are fantastic.
- The fighting and action is intense and visceral. The fight sequence at the mountain monastery is incredibly well choreographed.
- The Rock gets his ass kicked by Ray Stevenson. Glad they didn’t make Dwayne Johnson an immovable obelisk of a man.
- Jinx and Flint were next to useless. Terrible casting. I’m sure they could have picked better characters from the G.I. Joe roster.
- Who thought RZA was a good idea for blind ninja sensei? They should have gone with Wesley Snipes or Michael Jai White.
- Not enough Bruce Willis.
- Cobra destroyed cities in the first movie, but no one questions the president on why his security are all wearing Cobra badges??!?!
- Why didn’t they bring back Destro? He was right there next to the Cobra Commander.
- Music was all over the place. Dramatic action music one second, electro – hard rock the next.
- Sometimes the action looked very convoluted. Camera was too close and too much was happening on screen.
- Hollow attempts at creating character depth (e.g. Lady Jaye).
- I liked the Commander, but I wanted him to sound more like a snake.
Final verdict: 3/5